News

I love Kagame more than my president -Somalia ambassador

This post has already been read 84406 times!

By staff writer

newsdesk@greatlakesvoice.com

Amb. Cabdullahi Sheikh Maxamed

Amb. Cabdullahi Sheikh Maxamed

Kigali, Rwanda- Somalia`s envoy to Rwanda has expressed his love of President Paul Kagame saying “I wish he was Somalia’s President.” Cabdullahi Sheikh Maxamed, speaks more of Kagame than the country and the President he represents.

Ambassador Cabdullahi told Great Lakes Voice in an exclusive interview at his offices in Kigali recently that Kagame is a role model for Africa. Throwing a lot of praise towards Rwanda President, he says Rwanda is a special ally of Somali.

Hundreds of people make up the Somali community in Rwanda; the envoy says all of them live in peace and harmony. Amb. Cabdullahi’s comment has come as Somalia government is said to be in plans to recall the ambassador and close the mission due to financial constraints and reports of misconduct among others.

“There are rumours, nobody can dare fire me.   Tell me if it’s the Minister of Foreign affairs; I have powers to fire him. I sit in the Somali council that plan for the country. You know we have many problems in Somalia; some people just speak without thinking. Rwanda is a strategic ally of Somalia, and we can’t close the embassy in Rwanda. ”Cabdullahi added saying he has no enemies in Rwanda.

However, sources who are close to the envoy say he is entangled with his predecessor, the former honorary consul, allegedly trying to destroy them and their business.

According to Cabdullahi, Somalia businesses export 70% of Rwanda’s gulf oil. He admires Rwanda for the infrastructure development. He says thousands of barrels of oil enter Rwanda every week through Somali business people.

Citing Hass energy and Olympic energy as examples of importers of petroleum in Rwanda, Cabdullahi said Somalia would bring fish to Rwanda.

Somali ambassador shot down the supposed plans of Somalia government to recall him, saying “it is just rumours”.

This post has already been read 84406 times!

54 Comments

54 Comments

1. umujyana

June 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM

he is not professional at all!
    He has been in Rwanda not for his country but for our girls
    Ambassador’s should keep their dignity not in clubs ,he’s a disgrace to his country
    Gouvernement yachu ntigomba kwemera abantu ntabo! arikwica abakobwa bacu
    Changing them like shirts
    We need to be careful and watch him!!

• Jamila Abdi

June 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I am so sorry, someone like this guy represented our country, and he has no fault because he get the position for tribisum not education, so it’s good sign to show us, how diary people get easily in wrong like this position, so we need the government double the cv of ambassadors, before they appointed.

2. Jagem

June 20, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Good riddance indeed

3. Farah Blue

June 20, 2014 at 10:55 AM

My God, he must be sacked with in 74 hours.

4. Blazer

June 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I like his sarcastic approach to Diplomacy. If I was the Rwandese ambassador to Somalia I would be scared…… someone wants my job! Sounds like he resigned before being fired. All in all we appreciate your love for Rwanda but you have to know, love and appreciate the hand that feeds you. Guess am now watching for the Somali government’s response to confirm who is in charge. Either he is right or way out of his mind.

• gonza

June 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM

my president is ok but you we have no trust in you try someway else

• Mariam

June 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM

gosh, he must be dranked

5. M. Doule

June 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

This is the most unprofessional statement I have ever seen in my life
    Is he really an ambassador? Does he really represent his country? I do not blame the ambassador! I think we should blame the so called somali government.
    Because they should do vetting before he is appointed to be what he is claiming to be. This is just an example that he is showing because he doesn’t even realise that he is representing his own country. So I don’t know what is his interest to show love for the Rwanda’s president more than his own Country and his own people. What a disgrace! I as somali feel ashamed when I see my own government are not able to deal with such an ignorant and arrogant so called ambassador but I still love my president and my government and I love my country more than anything on this earth viva Somalia and viva the somali government.

6. Pingback: Somali Ambassador: Nobody can dare fire me. Tell me if it’s the Minister of Foreign affairs; I have powers to fire him | The Horn Post

7. Pingback: Safiir Somali ah oo ceeb aan abid nuuceeda la arag usoo hooyay Somalia iyo madaxweyne Xasan Sheekh

8. Pingback: I love Kagame more than my president -Somalia ambassador. |

9. Pingback: Fadeexad: Danjiraha Soomaaliya U Fadhiya Dalka Rwanda Oo Sheegay Inuu Ka Tirsan Golaha Haya Talada Dalka,Madaxweyne Xasan Sheekh-na Uu Ka Jecel Yahay Madaxweynaha Rwanda. |

10. Pingback: Safiirka Soomaaliya u fadhiya Waddanka Ruwanda oo ku hadlay wax laga yaq-yaqsoodo! | THE BEST INDEPENDENT RELIABLE SOMALI NEWS WEBSITE

11. Pingback: Safiirka Soomaaliya u fadhiya Waddanka Ruwanda oo ku hadlay wax laga yaq-yaqsoodo! | Cadaalada.com

12. Pingback: Safiirka Soomaaaliya u fadhiaya dalka Ruwanda oo bah-dilay dowladda uu matalo. | MAALINLE.COM | News – Information – Facts – Articles & Analysis

13. Musa

June 20, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Its unbelievable but every dog has its day .

14. alix

June 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM

The so called Ambassador is very right because he financed his office home car etc by himself. He also appointed himself by himself. All Somali Ambassadors are just like him. What a pity

15. Abdull

June 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Ceeb badanaa! He must be sacked and persecuted immediately. Shame!

16. abubakar

June 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM

• mudane kulmiye

June 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM

all in all ,the problem is not this pul lshit man but is the man who named him as ambassador.
      to know that all and others are same to him ,foolish and never come back in somalia
      got the hell and get in the room of Kagami,but there is quation . please answer if know him
      this,person,which region he came from,really he did not came from north regions and from Galmudug and mogadisho olso,and not from Gedo olso,maybe you can understand if you know him ,where ever
      he came from and what ever he is ,,,,,,,,,

17. yusuf ahmed

June 20, 2014 at 7:19 PM

very shame this is not ambassador as we are somali citizens we love our country, pple and president more dan any other on the earth let alone Rwanda and their president. and this drunk man should be sacked immediately.

18. Pingback: Madaxwaynaha Rwanda Mr.Kagame baan ka jeclahay Madaxwaynahayga Soomaliya saa waxaa yiri Safiirka Soomaliya u fadhiya Rwanda” | HORNAFRIC

19. john munyaneza

June 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM

As Rwandan am proud of the remarks but thinking globally and with regards to his portfolio, the ambassador was gross. Such comments result in misconception of the credibility the Somali government holds. Somali has made great improvements over the years but public relations is one department that should be taken seriously and care must be taken in vetting of public office holders. They have powers to build and at the same time destroy. The freedom your ambassador holds is dangerous!

20. Sofia

June 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

but he is not the first and even the last… when foreigners come in Rwanda, they realize how HE president Kagame has made a miracle inn Rwanda

21. JJ Thomson

June 20, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I think the Reporter has an ulterior motive…especially when he quoted as saying he destroyed Mr. Fodey’s business and life.

Mr. Fodey is crook who is bent to avenge his bad luck of being sacked and try to blame his misfortune of RRA getting his game of tax evasion. Mr. Fodey and his wife are close relative of the President.

The recent visit of the President in Rwanda, he told the Ambassador that the Government will not give him even one cent, due to nepotism.

Now, the Ambassador was misquoted, he was saying he wish his President could be like his host President.

I wish him all the best….

JJ Thomson

• john munyaneza

June 21, 2014 at 3:41 AM

Dear JJ or should i say talkative thompson
      you should be in a tomb for talking nonesense this articles mentions the former honorary counsul not MR “FODEY” get your words right
      or Maybe your a fool like the so called Ambassador
      you are talking like the RIGHT HAND MAN of the diplomat
      he has no real degree (A DIPLOMAT WITH NO DIPLOMA ) FUNNY WORLD
      I REMEMBER SHARING A HEINEKEN WITH HIM and all he talked about was girls
      i prayed for him the next day (sunday) at church asking god if he doesnt have AIDS

please jj talk real words not people you heard of
      the so called fodey gave 1million to somali charity and mr Omar was honorary consul
      yall talking about his connection to al-shabaab trust me our country is wise if it were true he’d be sitting in a HOLE but he’s around enjoying freedom

I THINK MR OMAR SHOULD REPLACE HIM AGAIN

GOD BLESS YOU JJ OR TT WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE ALSO AN IMPOSTOR AND A HYPOCRITE
      GOD BLESS ONCE AGAIN

22. Farah Damjadiid

June 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM

The Ambassador is quite right. He is so powerful than Damjadiid..the kitchen cabinet of President Hassan Culusoow!…the former and secretly the current Al-Shabaab with different shirts! What a Joke!

God bless you Mr. Ambassador! I know your enemies are always in the back pushes waiting for you to slip, but what you’ve said is the truth and all Somalis who fought for peace and justice are with you.

If they replace you, I will build a house in Kigali of your own choosing and will furnish a fund for a lifetime.

God bless the truth!

23. Pingback: Topnews: Safiir sheegay in uu Awood u leeyahay in uu Xilka ka qaado Wasiirka Ar/dibada Somalia | Hagenews.com

24. Al Farah

June 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I know the so-called Fodey, he is the one who nominated himself during the chaos after President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed (AUN) left the seat and the puppet Government of CIA came into power. He bribe the then-Foreign Minister, His Shamefulness, Ali Jama Jengeli, and gave him 2000USD. They used to live together in Ottawa.

Now this staff writer, who is hiding behind this fancy name, should be prosecuted and the Ambassador should sought justice from the Rwanda Courts for defamation. He is paid by Fodey and his wife, who are wanted in Rwanda for tax evasion and for being sympathizers of Al-Shabaab!….

Rwanda should get to the bottom of this defamation! Shame on Great Lakes Fake Voice!

• john munyaneza

June 21, 2014 at 3:42 AM

YOU TALK AS IF YOU HAVE EATEN SLEPT WITH THEM HUH???
      IF SO PLEASE SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE IF YOU HAVE SOME!!

25. Jackson Umulisa

June 20, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Mr. Ambassador,

Keep up the good work. I hope you bring this imposter journalist to book. Rwanda and Somali friends are with you.

We need to bring this fake journalist to book. We need our courts to do something about this defamation.

26. Harbi

June 20, 2014 at 8:30 PM

If these remarks are true, Truly I’m very much SORRY .it’s disgrace and shame to him and no way he can continue to be our AMBASSADOR.

27. Arwaah

June 20, 2014 at 8:40 PM

all i should say my bro Abukar he allredy said iam very very disappointed as a Somali citizen by the way let me try to express my opinion we love our country more than our eyes and our government this is what some one said
    shame on u shame on u omg i sur something wrong for him.

28. Pingback: Warsahal Media » Safiir Somali ah oo sharafta ummada Soomaaliyeed u gefay, si xuna u ceebeeyay shaqsiyada Xasan Sheekh

29. Harbi Kulane

June 20, 2014 at 9:11 PM

All you guys from Hawiye tribe took over his land in Shabeelada Hoose and now want to take his position…Shame on you!

30. Mahad

June 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM

It is true, We like Rwanda and its Government. But it is shamefull how he is making the expression.

I think, We will see, how our ambassador works.

31. Ismail

June 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

This says more about who appointed him than the idiot himself. What a shame!!

In what could be a related anecdote, I applied for a Somali Passport at the Somali Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I was given a note detailing a bank account in which I was to deposit the fee of Ethiopian birr equivalent of about US$ 150.00. It was only at the bank after I deposited the money that I realized that the account is a personal account of the ambassador, not a government account. I requested to talk to the account manager. When the manager came to the front, I asked him whether I was correct in considering the account was someone’s personal account. He responded, yes it is the ambassador’s personal account. I told him: “I just deposited money that I owed the Somali Government to a someone’s personal account?” He said “that is fine, everybody does it.” I asked, ” how does that work?” He said: “how would I know???” I said: “fair enough!” And left.

32. Paul kingston

June 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM

In my opinion I like somali people but the way their leaders behaving and directing the country , I fear somalia are on the brink disappearing entirely . Why I am saying this , I know Somalis when they were under said bare they were strong and their enemies did not like them , today because of the battle between Somalia and Ethiopia in 1977, Ethiopia knows strong United Somalis will be a problem to their integrity and always try to weaken them by supporting different functions like the world loads , I don’t know if they exist now.

I am going to tell every somali citizen it’s you responsibility to work how all Somalis will be united and love their country . You know what happened in Rwanda 20 years back and where we are today , forgive each other and help each other to build your country , to be honest are you waiting from Kenya Ethiopia and Uganda will build your country , shame on you if you think that .

• Mohamed

June 22, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Thnks alot,

33. asad

June 20, 2014 at 11:45 PM

How can we trust whether this article is authentic and not defaming the so called ambassador , now’s days, as far as I know, since the central government collapsed 24 years ago, every Somali individuals took his own title, the sergeant called himself brigadier general, school leavers called themselves professors, Goat herders called themselves ambassadors, so, I don’t blame him, because it was not intentional, he did what he could as a diplomat, because he has never been in office before this post.

34. Hanad

June 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Mr. Ambassador, I’m really feeling bad for your heart stopping statement, please go and hang yourself before some-one shoot you, You are stupid selfish cockroach.

35. Awil ali kulane

June 21, 2014 at 4:15 AM

the goverment must re call the ambassador and fired him on his remarks

36. Pingback: Safiir Somali ah oo ceebeyn iyo caay isugu daray ummada Soomaaliyeed iyo Madaxweyne Xasan Shiikh | Quracjomo.com

37. Somali Dude

June 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Je vous informe que le Rwandais et les Somaliens dans leur nature dit quelque chose et font le contraire. but this diplomat don’t want to say that Kagame is a dangerous nincompoop, a vainglorious braggart, a liar, a whiner, a professional victim, a know it all , a bully who manipulates the impressionable and the naive

38. Speed Governor

June 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM

He is one of the most unprofissional people i ever met.
    Everyone knows about this guy who called himself Amb. And how he appointed himself, but for now he realized that this new government of somalia isn’t a Transitional one. But a permanent government. And he said these words when he realized that he’s almost out of the office.
    Anyway, Am not sorry to see some people because at least we can easily know them.
    I love somalia. I love you mr president, more than my eyes.
    But i know! you know how to deal with such people please he must be among them.

Shame on this guy who called himself Amb.

Viva Somali

39. Koshin Olad

June 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM

This guy, the so called ambassador is a drunkard. In his interview he said ”“There are rumours, nobody can dare fire me. Tell me if it’s the Minister of Foreign affairs; I have powers to fire him.”, what? so, ambassador can fire the minister of foreign affairs according to this filthy and idiot man.

40. musa

June 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM

President Kagame is a good president who is very appreciative in Rwanda and outside, so there is no problem in the the interview of the Somalia ambassador . kagame is loved by the whole world

41. sacid

June 21, 2014 at 7:04 PM

well for me I think we as Somali should learn lesson this country Rwanda and I hope that is what he meant. NOT EVERY SOMALI CAN SAY I LOVE SOMALI PRESIDENT. I MY SELF DON’T LIKE SOMALI PRESIDENT BECAUSE HIS PLANS IT SUCKS. HE DIVIDES PEOPLE RATHER THAN BRINGING TOGETHER ONLY HIS CLAN MAN CAN LOVE HIM. AS SOMALI WE CALL OUR PRESIDENT DUMMY XOOLO,BUT I WILL NOT CHOOSE OVER HIM GAAL LIKE KAGAME. VIVA SOMALI WANAGSAN ITII LAGA HELAYO.

42. abdi farah

June 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM

no wonder why our diplomacy flounders on every places..a man like this and his ilks, who know nothing about the tenets of diplomatic procedures is representing us in the international arena…we must not be blaming him for this incalculably unsavory remarks, but rather, we must direct our indignation against self-deprecating -clan–based -system which put him in charge of this responsibility and of this paramount important position..

43. lodoon

June 22, 2014 at 3:03 PM

iam not sure the time he did this press release weither he is normal or not. suppose to be normal
    he needs to be hospitalized. it should be do in medical check up.it is kind of ridicules and shameful
    in the circle of diplomacy.we somali society in nowadays there is alot of bad memory it can make
    hyporprical speech. this is the result of long civil war of our country.godbless our people and our country.

44. editor

June 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Dear Respective readers,
    Great Lakes Voice, fully supports free flow of opinions, comments and advice and any other idea as stipulated in Article 19 of UDHR, also article 19 of ACCPR and Article 33 of the constitution of Republic of Rwanda.
    However, Editorial team will not tolerate comments with insults.
    any reader whose comments involves insults, the team will be forced to bring it down. t
    GLV values your time for comments and appreciates that.
    Thank you for understanding…..
    editor

45. Pingback: The Somali Ambassador to Rwanda: “I Love Kagame.” | WardheerNews

46. Wiil Ugadeen ( Kismayo)

July 10, 2014 at 12:35 AM

It about truth, I admitted the Hassan Shiekh of Abgaal is just no use donkey.

47. Douglasa

September 2, 2014 at 6:56 AM

I know a Somali who can be trusted. He is the brother-in-law of Soyan Omar, Abdur Rahman. I think Rwanda should choose their own consul of Somalia themselves. The man I named might be a good choice.